Friday, October 10, 2008

Easy Pumpkin Cake

Sorry no picture, I forgot to take one before I ate it all. I made this dessert for the vice presidential debate. At least something was good that night.

1 box yellow cake mix, set aside 1 cup
1 cube soft margarine
1 egg
combine and press into bottom of 9x13 pan

mix:
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 can pumpkin (around 14 oz. I think)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 eggs
pour over cake

crumble topping:
combine 1 cup cake mix (that you set aside) with
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecan (you can use less or leave them out)
1/4- 1/2 cube soft marg (I used 1/4 last time and I liked it better)
sprinkle over top

Bake at 350' for 50 minutes, cool 20 minutes so you don't burn your tongue off. It is really good topped with French Vanilla Cool Whip.

No comments: